Windows Defender is a security program that protects your computer from malware and other threats. It’s turned off by default in Windows 11, but you can turn it back on if you’re not happy with the protection level.
The windows defender windows 11 is a problem that has been present for a while. Windows Defender can be turned off in Windows 11, but it’s not recommended.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- If Windows Defender is disabled in Windows 11, your online security may be jeopardized.
- In most instances, applying the most recent updates via the Settings app will resolve the problem.
- If Windows Defender is switched off automatically on your PC, you may need to change the registry.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows 11 is already available, but if you haven’t tried it yet, you should be aware that it has a number of problems, which is to be expected from a new operating system.
Many users have complained that Windows Defender is disabled with Windows 11. This may be an issue since you won’t have any built-in protection.
Your computer is vulnerable to data loss, viruses, and phishing attempts if you don’t have a good antivirus, therefore it’s critical to address this problem as soon as possible.
There are many ways to resolve this issue, and we’ll teach you how to use and re-enable Windows Defender in this tutorial.
What is the purpose of Windows Defender?
Windows Defender is the operating system’s default antivirus program, and it has a lengthy history. It’s been around since Windows Vista, and it’s changed over time.
While the earlier versions only provided limited security, the current version provides all Windows users with complete malware and ransomware protection out of the box.
This implies you won’t need a separate antivirus since the built-in security will be able to identify nearly all viruses in real time.
What should I do if Windows Defender refuses to start?
Windows Defender won’t turn on for a variety of reasons, but it typically happens after you install third-party antivirus software on your computer.
Because the two can’t operate together, the built-in protection is turned off automatically. Another explanation may be that Group Policy has disabled Windows Defender.
If that’s the case, you’ll need to change your policy settings and activate it again, which should fix the problem.
What should I do if Windows Defender on Windows 11 is disabled?
1. Download and install the most recent updates.
- To access Settings, press Windows Key + I.
- In the left pane, choose Windows Update.
- Click the Check for Updates button in the right pane.
- If any updates are available, Windows will automatically download them.
- After the updates have been downloaded, restart your computer to install them.
If you have Antimalware Platform Update.2106 installed, this problem appears. The problem has been addressed by Microsoft, and the issue should be resolved after installing Antimalware Platform Update.2107.
Keep in mind that not everyone has access to this update, so you may not be able to get it right now. If you’re experiencing trouble with the Settings app on Windows 11, be sure to read our advice on what to do if it crashes.
2. Make changes to your register
- Enter regedit by pressing Windows Key + R. Click OK or press Enter.
- Go to the following key in the left pane: ComputerHKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREPolicies Windows Defender is a security program developed by Microsoft.
- Right-click the Windows Defender key and choose Properties. Select Key from the New section after expanding it.
- Enter Spynet as the new key’s name.
- Right-click the space in the right pane of the Spynet key you just generated and choose the option to create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Make the following three DWORDs:
- Set the Value Data for each of the three newly generated DWORDs as follows: DisableBlockAtFristSeen: 0; SpynetReporting: 1; SubmitSamplesConsent: 1; DisableBlockAtFristSeen: 0; SpynetReporting: 1; SubmitSamplesConsent: 1
- Close Registry Editor after you’ve finished.
3. Create a shortcut to Windows Defender in the Startup folder.
- Enter shell:startup by pressing Windows Key + R. Click OK or press Enter.
- Right-click the empty area in the Startup directory to expand the New menu. From the menu, choose Shortcut.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select MsMpEng.exe from the Windows Defender directory. This file may be found at the following location: MicrosoftWindows DefenderPlatformversion number C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindows DefenderPlatformversion number
- After that, give the shortcut the name Windows Defender and click Finish.
Is turning off Windows Defender a good idea?
Windows Defender is the default antivirus program in Windows, and turning it off if you don’t have any other security software installed is risky.
You make your machine susceptible to internet attacks and dangerous downloads by doing so. As a result, turning off your malware protection is not advised.
Is Windows Defender a reliable antivirus program?
Windows Defender is a good antivirus program that protects your computer well. We recommend reading our Windows Defender vs Avast comparison guide to understand more about its security features.
If you prefer third-party security software, you can always safeguard your PC with one of these antivirus programs for Windows 11.
If the default protection in Windows 11 is disabled, your machine may be exposed to a variety of online dangers; nevertheless, we hope that our tutorial was able to assist you with this issue. You may also have a look at this tutorial to see what to do if Windows Defender on Windows 10 won’t turn on.
This is usually caused by a bug, which may be fixed by upgrading your operating system to the newest version or making a few registry changes.
Have you come up with another solution to this problem? Let us know what you came up with in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Windows Defender is turned off in Windows 11. Microsoft has released a fix for this problem, but it still needs to be installed manually. Reference: windows defender for windows 11 download.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Windows 11 have Windows Defender?
Windows 11 does not have Windows Defender.
Why my Windows Defender is turned off?
Windows Defender is turned off because the protection software has been disabled.
How can I fix Windows Defender is turned off?
Windows Defender is turned off by default on most computers. To turn it back on, you can follow these steps:
- windows 11 windows defender missing
- windows security windows 11
- windows 11 virus and threat protection keeps turning off
- how to stop windows 11 update
- windowsdefender link windows 11